Sunday, February 11, 2007

Stop using HedgeHog!

I have a quite sad news for you, i backtested both hedgehog strategies with MetaTrader which i described earlier and results are not as good as i thought.

More over using HedgeHog you cannot even breakeven it is a fast way to loose all your money. It is interesting because when i backtested it with spreadsheet results where quite good, and i used the worst case scenerio because i was backtesting this strategy on daily bars, so modeling quality was quite low.

Although HedgeHog seemed to be simple and effective strategy, without a big drawdown, so everything should be ok but ... well it isn't.

If you want to try to trade this strategy anyway, then you better try it on demo first and do not use big lots.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Forex is very much tough for the newbie. They should have the help of broker. I have leant about Forex by reading the e book of my broker like Trade12. Their platform is fluent for trading. I like it because most of the time their signal goes accurate.

Unknown said...

Much gratefulness to you for this charming writhing. I would expect more articles from you. I do love Options trading. I incline toward lxmarkets as one of the best options broker and i trade with them and never at whatever point found any issues with the trading and in like way withdrawal. I see that its stunning broker. I am light to trade with such a standard broker with vivacious payout.

Cyber security training courses online said...

Your article is excellent .. an eye-opener for me...Thank you so much! i will do what you have suggested and will analyse my trades.
Haim Toledano